Thursday, November 25, 2010

Got to do a Double Shift....

Not too much poker in the last few days, I did double shifts at work Saturday AND, I say, AND Sunday, and as it is very busy at the moment, I only managed to play a bit at work. I have a mobile broadband dongle, so I can play a bit, only one table though, as work keeps getting in the way, so inconsiderate. Last three or four sessions have seen small profits, so still working towards that magic $250 bank roll. I have to decide how I am going to celebrate this milestone, sometimes it feels like a like a long time coming, but it's all good discipline and patience wise.

Needing the exercise I took a walk into town today, to get a haircut. Bought a couple of books as I had a voucher to use up. Looking forward to starting 'The Search for the Dice Man' by Luke Rhinehart. I had forgotten just how awesome 'The Dice Man' is and I have not read anything else by him. Took a quick look at this sequel over coffee, and looks really good. Also got 'Matterhorn' Karl Marlantes. Epic Vietnam war novel, an era that fascinates me. Lastly, 'Invisible' Paul Auster. Read quite a few of his, and I enjoy his enigmatic style. Thing is, I am already reading and enjoying 'Dracula' which I picked up in the cheap classics section of Asda/Wall Mart for a quid, bargain.

Quick ten minute video of my poker setup and a few hands here

No comments: