Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Dark Side


It's been nearly a year since my last post. Good job I am not a writer.

I have decided to take another run at poker. My last post related to how variance can affect your game, with more research, I have discovered that my bankroll for my last run at 200nl ($1-2$) at 10 buy ins, was not nearly enough to cover variance and bad play.

A conservative amount is considered to be 40 buy ins of whatever stake you play. I am going to go 50, as I think the extra cushion helps my A game. That is, I can be more aggressive knowing I should not bust.

I am currently playing the basement level micros .1c-.2c or 2nl and when my bankroll reaches $250 I will move to 5nl, and so on.

This time around I have done a lot of reading of poker forums, to maximise my strategy for these levels. My stating roll was about $40 and I am now about $30 short of the next level. Hopefully I can post my winnings here!



No comments: